Thursday 28 March 2019

Saiga steps into the Grand Tour

Saiga steps into the Grand Tour: A Dragon Ball GT blog review


With the announcement of GT Kid Goku's inclusion in FighterZ, I was reminded that I had been meaning to watch the subbed version of Dragon Ball GT for a while now. I'd only seen the dub previously, and while I strongly disliked the show I decided to watch it in its original version to give the fairest assessment of it. I also thought that it would be interesting to reflect on my original feelings of GT, and examine the show with the benefit of many years of hindsight, as well as the additional context provided by recent interviews about GT's production and comparisons to be made with modern Dragon Ball.

I'd previously endeavored to write a blog while reading through the original manga, but it didn't really pan out with how busy I was and trying to tackle it one volume at a time. I thought that taking GT one episode at a time would be much more practical, and a more interesting exercise because I'm not really sure how I'll react to it this time around. I will say this much though: I don't expect that I'll like GT by the end of this.

But I'm mostly just looking forward to examining GT and talking about what has gone down, getting into what aspects of it I do or don't like, what I may have liked to have seen done and what I've heard a lot of other people would have liked to see from the series. If nothing else, it will certainly be an experience.

Without further ado... let's kick things off with episode 1!


No comments:

Post a Comment